- We picked up our first beef from the processor. Farmer John and I have had a filet and think it's delicious, we hope all our customers do too.
- K and A, long-time friends and fellow bloggers came for a visit. We hung out by the woodstove, drank tea, ate good food and talked about these strange lives we lead.
- We have a water well drilling rig set up just outside the back door next to the chicken yard. The rig was only able to drill a few feet before breaking down...giving us further evidence that the farm has been cursed this winter.
- The pipeliners have started work in our hayfield. This marks the first time a tractor-trailer has been parked in that field.
- Noah and Grant - the bridge crew from Colorado arrived today. They also have a very large excavator, so we're hoping to see the bridge in place by the end of the weekend.
Friday, February 3, 2012
Under the weather
Sorry for the long delay between posts, been battling a virus all week. While I've been in bed most of the week, that doesn't mean the farm's been sleeping too. Just to keep all of you regular readers satiated here is a quick rundown of the happenings here on Jennings Brae Bank Farm (Some pictures and detailed posts to follow.)