We survived our year from hell! Here are a few more lessons learned during 2012:
- Don't whine - just get the flu shot
- When you live in the country, be prepared to go without water and/or electricity for a while.
- We love the NRCS!
- Farm porches are good for parties
- It's going to be wet, dry, and windy and there's not a darn thing we can do about it
- No matter how strong the fence, our cattle will get out
- Progress is messy
- Projects ALWAYS take longer than originally planned and are directly related to Murphy's law
- Our beef is tasty
- "Everything will be alright in the end, so if it is not alright, then it is not yet the end."
- Finally, most importantly, we have a lot of great friends and family who are willing to offer up their homes, throw a few hay bales, build bathrooms, cut loads of wood, and go running after tractor parts. Thank you!
We are really excited about some big plans for 2013, there will be many more lessons to come. Thanks to everyone for reading the blog and your support through the past year.
Happy New Year!